Thursday, November 11, 2010

James Devotional Day 4

James 1:15

We have got to realize that temptation is deceptively disguised. Just like the bait for a fish, it looks like something that will be good for us. Temptation lures our desires. We are enticed, we don't even think about the hook, and we just take it. Now James says that the offspring of desire is sin. When the sin is full-grown, its offspring is death. That is the one thing about sin that will trip all of us up, time and again. Sin always has consequences. A lot of us are living in sin right now, but sin is not grown up yet. It is still a baby. You may say, "No problem. I am living a lie. I am a cheater. I am in sexual sin. No big deal. Everything is okay. I am making a lot of money. My life is going well."

Just wait. That is what James says. Just wait. A fish doesn't know he is hooked at first either.


What hooks are embedded in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment